Episode #74 – Costume Designer – Jennifer Bryan
On this episode of Double Down Film Show, we talk to veteran Costume Designer, Jennifer L. Bryan, who has worked on dozens of film and TV shows through the decades including The Vampire Diaries, Dark Angel, Exit Wounds, and more.
Over the course of the hour we delve into such pressing questions as…
- What common things are overlooked when BUDGETING costumes?
- Who else does the costumer need to COORDINATE with?
- What are some of the EXTRA TASKS that costumers often take on?
- Why should your production have a “LOOK BOOK”?
- What should you LEARN to better communicate with your costumer?
Far beyond just writing and cinematography, there are a whole cadre of artistic professionals that are responsible for the success of your story onscreen. And each of these pros has unique contributions to make to your film, but you must first understand their job and what they need from you to help tell your story. That’s where we come in. Listen and learn, baby.
Filmmaking REALITY Starts here.