Award-Winning Veteran D.P., Sandi Sissel A.S.C.
On the next Double Down Film Show we’ll have a special extended interview with Award-winning veteran Director of Photography, Sandi Sissel, A.S.C. With four decades (and counting) in the film and tv game, Sandi has D.P.’ed such notable feature films as Mira Nair’s Oscar-nominated Salaam Bombay, The People Under the Stairs, and Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns.
She has also worked in the camera department on more than 50 feature films including Fame, Blow, Rock Star and as a 2nd Unit D.P. on Master and Commander, which won an Academy Award for Best Cinematography.
- How did she manage to break into a MALE-DOMINATED union?
- What should a young D.P. know BEYOND the camera?
- How is the career path to D.P. vastly DIFFERENT now?
- What does she tell other WOMEN that want to be D.P.’s?
- How do you become a PARENT and still have a film career?
Sandi Sissel will share her insight into all of the above, plus a whole lot more candid wisdom from her decades as a veteran image-maker. Find out how sisters can do it for themselves and craft long-term careers in the male-dominated film industry, only on the next Double Down Film Show.
Be sure to Join Our Facebook Fan Page too!
FILMMAKING REALITY STARTS HERE.
The Double Down Film Show