The Craft and Hustle of Acting with Dorian Missick
Dorian dedicated himself to the craft (and hustle) of acting early-on and landed a few commercials as a teenager. After that first taste of professional acting, there was no turning back.
He began to methodically build a career as a working stage and screen actor starring in such films and TV shows as Lucky Number Slevin, 6 Degrees, The Manchurian Candidate, The Bounty Hunter and Double Down co-host, Pete Chatmon’s first feature, Premium… and he did it all while managing to avoid the most common pitfalls of young actors.
· What is the acting “MIDDLE CLASS” and why do most actors end up there?
· What are the unique challenges of CARRYING a feature film?
· How important is IMPROV to an actor’s toolbox?
· What to do if a scene is grossly inaccurate or gratuitously OFFENSIVE?
· What’s the difference between film and tv work for ACTORS?
Once again the back door to film school is open and we’re giving up “the game” for FREE on yet another real-life episode of the Double Down Film Show.
Filmmaking Reality Starts Here.
The Double Down Film Show Every Wednesday, 9pm – 10pm E.S.T. Call-in Number: (646) 929-1956 Stream Live: OR Subscribe or Download:
The Double Down Film Show
Every Wednesday, 9pm – 10pm E.S.T.
Call-in Number: (646) 929-1956
Subscribe or Download: